Google Plus IconFacebook IconTwitter IconYouTube IconCart IconChimney IconSkype IconTool IconVideo IconChevron IconChevron RightClose IconArrow - UpArrow - DownDocument Download Icon



Q: What is an automatic drain and when should it be used?

A: The automatic internal drain operates whenever liquid has accumulated in the filter bowl and a tool or valve is cycled, causing a momentary pressure drop of 2 psi or more. It also drains whenever the air supply is shut down and exhausted, overnight, or for the weekend. Manual draining of filters is often overlooked in the industrial environment and M/P recommends that all filters be ordered with automatic drains.

Q: Why would there be an excessive pressure drop across my filter, and what can I do about it?

A: Several reasons may cause an excessive pressure drop. The element may be dirty and need to be cleaned or replaced. (Do not clean a coalescing element.) It is possible the filter could be smaller than needed to handle the flow requirements, therefore a larger filter may be required. It is also possible that a larger micron rated element may be needed for that particular application. 

Q: What would cause my polycarbonate bowl to crack, craze, or get a cloudy appearance? What should I do about it?

A: Such conditions are almost always due to chemical attack. Fluids, fumes, or vapors that are not compatible with polycarbonate can cause a chemical attack. Eliminate the source of the incompatibility, or change to metal bowls.

Q: How often should I change my filter elements?

 The industrial environment will control the useful life of the elements. The dirtier the environment, the shorter the lifespan.

Q: Why do I need a pre-filter before my coalescing filter?

A: The removal of water and gross contaminants from the air line, by a 5-micron-rated general purpose fitler used before the coalescing filter will greatly extend the useful life of the coalescing element. A coalescing element cartridge life of a year or more, is possible when a general-purpose filter with automatic drain is installed ahead of a properly sized (by SCFM) coalescing filter.

Q: When do I change the element in my coalescing filter?

The filter element will coalesce liquids until solid contaminates cause the pressure drop across the element to exceed 8 to 10 psi (0.55 to 0.69) bar. The cartridge should be changed promptly at that time.


Q: Why should I use a relieving regulator?

 Relieving regulators will allow excess downstream pressure to be exhausted through the regulator when adjusting from a high pressure to a lower pressure. Non-relieving regulators are also available if desired.

Q: Can I use my regulator for water or other liquids?

A: Master Pneumatic has just introduced our new SENTRY Acetal-Body Water Pressure Regulators (R13, R14 Models), and also our new MINIATURE Brass Body Water Pressure Regulators (R53B, R54B Models). Consult with factory concerning regulator compatability with liquids other than water or oil. 

Q: Will my regulator work on media other than compressed air?

Standard regulators are designed for compressed air usage but may be used on nitrogen, argon, and other inert gases within specified ranges. Regulators with neoprene seals are available for use with CO2. Regulators must never be used with flammable gases, and the factory must approve oxygen applications.

Q: What can I do if my regulator is making a humming noise?

A: The humming is caused by an instability problem within the system and is very difficult to pinpoint. The general solution is to change the characteristics of the regulator by using a heavier spring, or a different size regulator. 

Q: When should I use a pilot operated regulator?

When convenient, remote-adjusting some distance from the main regulator is necessary. More accurate regulation can be supplied from an external source. Any standard M/P regulator can be used as the pilot signal.

Q: How can I prevent my regulator from being tampered with?

In the full-size series, a key is incorporated into the adjustment knob. Pull the key down for non-adjustment mode; remove the key entirely for tamper resistance.

Q: How do I set my regulator?

To set the regulator, turn the adjustment knob counter-clockwise to lower the line pressure below the required psi. Then, increase the pressure by turning the adjusting knob clockwise untill the desired pressure is reached.


Q: Why should I use a integral filter/regulator?

Filter/Regulators are generally used where space is an issue. The combination units perform the same function as the individual products.

Q: Will the combination filter/regulator affect the performance I get?

The regulator will determine the characteristics of the product.


Q: What oil should I be using in my lubricator?

Typically, a light spindle oil, 80-160 S.U.S., will be acceptable. However, because of the wide variety of oil types, please consult our factory.

Q: Can the drop rate be adjusted or shut off?

Sight-feed lubricators are easy to adjust and show how much oil is being dispensed into the line. The adjusting knob can be removed to make the lubricator "tamper-resistant". All working parts are contained in an easy replaceable cartridge.

Optional wick feed lubricators are also available, which are essentially self-adjusting. Oil is stripped from the wick by air flow in an oil-to-air ratio.

Q: Which lubricators have large reservoirs for oil?

The intermediate Guardsman ll and the full-size Series 380 lubricators both have optional extended metal bowls. The Model BL237D with ports of 3/4" to 1-1/2" is standard with a 35-ounce metal bowl and an optional 62-ounce metal bowl. Both the 35-ounce and 62-ounce metal bowls are standard with high and low sight glasses.


Q: What type of liquid should I use in my injector?

Typically, oil with a viscosity of 150 - 1200 S.U.S. will be acceptable. However, because of the wide variety of oil types available, please consult our factory.

秒速赛车计划全天 秒速飞艇几点开始 快乐飞艇7码计划 澳洲10全天计划 SG飞艇开奖号码 秒速飞艇单期计划